Air Fryer mushrooms marinated in Balsamic Vinegar, Olive Oil and Garlic – you may never cook mushrooms any other way again!
I’ve just acquired an Air Fryer. When I got it home I couldn’t wait to try it out, so I made these mushrooms, marinated in Balsamic vinegar, Olive Oil and Garlic. They were super delicious – the delicate flavour of the mushrooms perfectly enhanced by the balsamic and garlic. Try them for yourself, I’m sure you’ll agree this is the perfect way to cook mushrooms.
How to make Air Fryer Mushrooms
I used chestnut mushrooms because that was what I had in the fridge at the time, but you could just as easily use white button mushrooms instead.
Wipe the mushrooms clean and put them in a glass bowl with the balsamic vinegar, olive oil, and garlic and allow to marinate for half-an-hour or so. Give them a stir every 10 minutes to make sure they are well-coated with the marinade.
Pre-heat the air fryer to 200°C, then tip the mushrooms into the basket and cook for 5 minutes.
After 5 minutes take the basket out and give the mushrooms a stir. Replace and cook for a further 3 minutes.
I don’t have an air fryer – can I still make them?
If you don’t have an air fryer, simply tip the mushrooms and marinade into a saucepan and let them simmer gently for a few minutes, giving them an occasional stir, until they are done.
Why don’t you check out these Air Fyers on Amazon. You might decide you can’t live without one!
Can I freeze Air Fryer Mushrooms?
No, unfortunately these don’t freeze very well. However, they are so quick to cook, it would probably be faster to cook them from scratch than to defrost and reheat.
Air Fryer mushrooms with Balsamic and Garlic
- 1 punnet Mushrooms (Chestnut or white button)
- 1 Tablespoon Olive Oil
- 2 Tablespoons Balsamic Vinegar
- 2 cloves Garlic – finely chopped or you could use a sprinkle of garlic salt
- Mix all the ingredients together in a glass bowl and allow to marinate for at least half-an-hour, stirring occasionally
- Pre-heat air fryer to 200C
- Tip the mushrooms into the basket and cook at 200C for 5 minutes
- Give the mushrooms a stir and then continue to cook for a further 3 minutes
- Cooking times may vary, depending on how many mushrooms you have in the basket.
- If the mushrooms are not completely cooked after the second cooking time, just continue cooking for 1 minute at a time until they are done.
- If you don’t have an air fryer you can just tip the marinated mushrooms (with the marinade) into a saucepan and let them simmer gently for a few minutes, giving them a stir now and then, until they are done.
If you enjoyed this recipe, why not pin it for later?
Give them a try – I’m sure you’ll love them! Why not make up a batch for your next barbeque and serve them with chicken and bacon skewers/ and some garlic bread from this collection of garlic bread recipes
Happy cooking – VJ xxx