Chicken and Bacon Skewers
Succulent chicken teamed with tasty bacon, garlic and tomato puree, rolled into pinwheels. The perfect skewer for your next barbeque
Prep Time30 mins
Cook Time10 mins
- 1 Chicken breast per person cut into strips and flattened between clingfilm
- 1 Bacon rashers (enough to top each chicken strip)
- 1 Tablespoon Tomato puree (more or less depending on how many chicken strips you have)
- 1 clove Garlic (Minced) (use 1 clove per tablespoon of puree)
- Salt to taste
- Bamboo skewers soaked in water
Cut each chicken breast into long thin strips and flatten slightly between layers of clingfilm
Sprinkle the chicken strips with salt to taste
Mix the tomato puree and minced garlic together
Spread each chicken strip with a little tomato/garlic mixture
Top each chicken strip with a slice of bacon. See Note 1
Roll up each chicken strip into a pinwheel and place it on a bamboo skewer. I make 4 per skewer. See Note 2
Grill on the barbeque for approximately 10 minutes, turning often. See Note 3.
- The bacon should just cover the chicken strip. If the rashers are too big, cut to size with kitchen scissors.
- If you are using bamboo skewers, soak them in water for a couple of hours before using so that they do not burn on the barbeque.
- You can also cook these in the oven for 10 - 15 minutes at 200C/400F, depending on the size of your pinwheels.