Sticky Chicken Wings
Sticky Chicken Wings marinaded in Honey and Soy sauce, flavoured with Garlic and Ginger, with a sprinkling of Chilli added for extra flavour.
Prep Time5 mins
Cook Time35 mins
Total Time40 mins
Servings: 4 people
- 1 kg chicken wings tips discarded and wings separated into two pieces
- 2 Tablespoons olive oil
- 4 Tablespoons runny honey
- 6 Tablespoons dark soy sauce
- 1 inch piece of ginger - grated
- 2 cloves of garlic - finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon chilli flakes
- Salt and pepper to taste
Pre-heat the oven to 220 degrees F
Chop the tips off the wings and discard
Cut the wings into two pieces through the joint
Combine the remainder of the ingredients into a bowl and toss in the chicken pieces, making sure each piece is nicely coated
Cover the bowl with cling film and leave in the fridge to marinade for half an hour or so
Tip the chicken wings and marinade onto a foil-lined baking sheet and spread out so they are evenly spaced
Bake for 20 minutes then turn them over, baste with the juices and bake for another 15 minutes until they are nicely golden brown and sticky
Serve with a fresh green salad, and crusty bread to mop up the sticky residue
- You can easily adapt the recipe to feed more people - just double up on the marinade ingredients. I'd be careful about doubling the chilli - adjust that according to your taste.
- You can substitute the fresh ginger and garlic for a couple of squeezes of garlic or ginger from a tube, but in my opinion, fresh does taste better.