Sesame Chicken Strips
Tender chicken strips coated in sesame seeds. Serve with your favourite dipping source for a delicious party snack.
Prep Time30 mins
Cook Time30 mins
Total Time1 hr
Servings: 4 people
- 500 g Chicken breast fillets
- 4 Tablespoons Cornflour (heaped)
- 2 large Eggs (lightly beaten)
- 150 g Sesame Seeds
- Salt and black pepper to taste
Slice the chicken into thing strips
Sprinkle with salt and black pepper to taste
Coat each piece of chicken with cornflour, then with beaten egg, and finally with sesame seeds
Fry the chicken in batches in hot oil until golden brown
Drain on paper towels
Serve with your favourite dipping sauce
The calorie count is per piece of chicken, based on the assumption that you will get 25 strips of chicken from 500g.
To coat the chicken
If the coating ingredients run out before you have finished coating the chicken, just add more to the bowls.
Don't overfry or the chicken will be dry. The chicken only takes minutes to cook as it is thinly sliced. It is done when the outside is golden and the inside is no longer pink.
- first dip a piece of chicken in cornflour and shake off the excess
- then dip in beaten egg and allow the excess egg to drip off
- finally press each piece into the bowl of sesame seeds to coat evenly